Fun Scent Games Instructor Certification Program - Level Two
Learn All About and How to Teach The Science of Scenting & Scent Article Training Classes
Become a Certified “Fun Scent Games” Instructor! DN-FSG2
The DogNostics Fun Scent Games - Level Two Instructor Program has been awarded CEU's: PPAB 5, IAABC 5, CCPDT 5
Welcome to the Fun Scent Games Level 2 Instructor course which makes use of the amazing natural scenting ability of dogs. This is a fabulous Certification Program that provides you with the tools, skills and knowledge to diversify your Fun Scent Games Class offerings. The program focuses on teaching dogs to find what smells like their owner.
Offering Fun Scent Games
group classes, private classes or
workshops will broaden your service offerings, help build
client loyalty and support the needs of your pet owning community.
This is Certification Level 2. Upon completion of this program you will be certified to teach "Fun Scent Games Level 2"
Level Two Fun Scent Games Instructor Program Learning Objectives:
- Canine olfaction history and scientific facts
- The training environment, philosophy and methodology
- Effects of air currents
- Avoiding cross contamination
- Detection thresholds
- Scent discrimination
- A fantastic retrieve - how to teach 'fetch' to dogs and clients
- How to teach optional 'fronts' and 'finishes' to give your client's behavior chain some extra flash!
- How to teach dogs to find the target odor out of 12 items
- Problem solving for various challenges that can be encountered
- How to play, building criteria and areas of reinforcement
- How to set scent discrimination training up for success
- How to create a confident learner
- Recommended course curriculum and course description
Upon Successful Completion, You Will Receive:
- A DogNostics Instructor Certificate DN-FSG2
- A Certification Badge to display on your website
- A listing on the DogNostics Fun Scent Game Instructor Registry
- A PDF copy of the Course Curriculum
- A student Certificate for you to co-brand to provide to your “Fun Scent Games” students
- Advertising copy describing the program for your website
- Artwork for a promotional 8.5 x 11 flyer
- Access to the DogNostics Certified Instructor Member website mentoring area.
- Mentoring Support through the DogNostics Faculty Members
- Access to the DogNostics Student Common Room - A Closed Facebook Group where DogNostics students can network with each other, exchange ideas and ask questions
- Mentoring Support through the DogNostics Faculty Members
- The Total Program cost is only $130.00. You will see a full return on your investment after one group class!
Level 1 is a prerequisite for Level 2
- You must have certified as a Level One Fun Scent Games Instructor before undertaking Level 2 Certification
- Each applicant has 12 months to complete each program.
- Study at home in your own time!
PreviewLesson One - Introduction (3:44)
StartLesson Two - Scientific Concepts (10:18)
StartLesson Three - Threshold of Detection (6:02)
StartLesson Four - The Environment (2:28)
StartLesson Five - The Science of Scenting (6:30)
StartLesson Six - Types of Scenting Games & Related Research (4:58)
StartLesson Seven - Common Training Terms Used when Training Scent Games (28:53)
StartLesson One - Retrieve - Introduction (1:38)
PreviewLesson 2 - Fetch Articles (2:31)
StartLesson 3 - Component Behaviors (4:42)
StartLesson 4 - Fetch It (4:39)
StartLesson 5 - Train Take it & Hold (4:04)
StartLesson 6 - Distance, Duration & Distractions (10:02)
StartLesson 7 - Teach 'Front' (3:05)
StartLesson 8 - Teaching 'Fetch' - The North & South Game (2:35)
StartLesson 9 - Proof 'Fetch' (3:11)
StartLesson 10 - The Delivery (9:14)
StartLesson 11 - Front & Deliver (6:42)
StartLesson 12 - Collect & Deliver - A Recap (8:44)
StartLesson 13 - Shaping a Retrieve with a Basket: Bonus Lesson! (18:18)
StartLesson 14 - Finishes: Making Things Look Neat! (6:17)
StartLesson 15 - Pivot & Perch (6:46)
StartLesson 16 - Perch Work Games (2:13)
StartLesson 17 - Fronts & Finishes: More Games to Play (2:52)
StartLesson 18 - The Compound Cue (3:32)
Louise Stapleton-Frappell - B.A. Hons, PCT- A, PCBC-A, CAP3, CTDI, DN-FSG, DN-CPCT, CWRI. Professional Canine Behavior Consultant and Trainer – Accredited by the Pet Professional Accreditation Board
Louise is a Partner and Faculty Member of DogNostics Career Center and Board Member of The Pet Professional Guild. The creator of the DogNostics’ Dog Trainer Certification Program, Louise has presented at conferences internationally and has gained a reputation for expertly teaching and training humans and canines at her own establishment, The DogSmith of Estepona, in Southern Spain, where she offers a wide range of both group and private classes, behavior consultations and pet dog services.
Louise’s experience, her background as a teacher and her impressive pet industry credentials means she is uniquely qualified to share her skills and knowledge with both the public and pet industry professionals. Louise gained her CAP3 with distinction and holds verified certification in Animal Behaviour and Welfare (Edinburgh University) and Dog Emotion and Cognition (Duke University). Louise’s professional credentials also include: Certified Trick Dog Instructor, Certified Whistle Recall Instructor, Level Two Certified Pet Care Technician, and Certified Fun Scent Games Instructor.
At the age of just 16 months, Louise’s dog Jambo became the first Staffordshire Bull Terrier to become a Trick Dog Champion. Jambo has since been aired on Talent Hounds TV in Canada and was featured as a Victoria Stilwell Positively Story.
Louise has published numerous articles on dog training and dog behavior and is also the published co-author of the following titles, A Lexicon of Practical Terms for Pet Trainers and Behavior Consultants and Pet Training and Behavior Consulting: A Model for Raising the Bar to Protect Professionals, Pets and Their People.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Part One. The Science of Scenting
- Part Two. Teaching a Retrieve to Hand
- Part Three. Scent Article Training